Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Just a man riding his riding law mower.....and a child.....on his lap

** WARNING, I am watching the Braves game and blogging..... again**

So today after class (mind you not just like 50 minutes or 90 minutes of class, but 360 minutes of class-- somehow this fact about my class will be relevant, or I just want you to feel sorry for me)
I decided to..... oh I  don't know... punish myself (yeah that's the right word) and go on a run at 4 o clock in the afternoon.

It was around 94 degrees outside. (Once again I am sure this will be relevant, but if not you will at least be proud of me/feel sorry for me)

**Yay Freddie, hit a double and sent B Mac home for an RBI**

I decided that I was tougher than the heat ( I was punished for such foolish thinking later), and if I got a little warm (yeah warm--I was drenched the moment I stepped out of my door) I would just get in the shade (yeah that's assuming there is shade like remotely close to where I will be running--oh and note to self, if it's beyond HOTT outside then the shade isn't really going to offer that much of a reprieve).

Anyways. Now to the point of this blog post.

So I was running through this neighborhood, and by this point I had probably been running for about 25 minutes, and so I was probably somewhat tired (but then you add the heat into that equation and I was a hot mess...literally).

So I pass by this house and I see this man cutting his yard on his riding law mower (ok..normal, a little jealous that he his sitting while I am running/dying, but nonetheless..normal), and as I get closer I see that he has a child (probably 2 or 3) sitting in his lap while he is riding his riding law mower and cutting his lawn( ok..abnormal, yes this is definitely not something you see everyday). Now had I been driving by I probably wouldn't have even noticed this barbaric act (ok, maybe a little harsh), but since I was running (obviously moving slower than a car) I had plenty of time to catch this man in his act.

Now I don't have children (and I won't for a long time--no worries Dad/Mom).

{Momentary Digress} So I can't imagine having kids right now (for many obvious reasons), I just am currently too selfish to be responsible for the life of another human being 24/7 (I know, hard to believe..right Mom/Dad..I am constantly reminding them in all decision making situations to think about numero uno...ME).

{Digress over} but I feel like you don't have to have children to think that a child, no toddler, (remember age 2 or 3) does not belong on the lap of someone maneuvering a riding law mower, because um that's just dangerous!! And I kind of expected the man to try and hide the child (toddler really, but child just flows better) as he saw me coming so I wouldn't find out about this reckless thing he was doing, but do you know what he did...he waved at me (yeah, now he's riding this riding law mower with a child in his lap and only one hand on the wheel).

But jokes on him (or no one..lol), because I waved first;)

over and out,
kristen

**Jump on it, Jump on it, Jump on it...Prado hits a home run**

No comments:

Post a Comment