Sunday, November 20, 2011

Im a slacking blogger....again

So the last time I posted it was July and my summer had just really gotten underway, OMG so much has happened since then, geez it's almost Christmas!! Okay so crazy but here is a short recap on all of the stuff that's been going on since then. (WARNING: some stuff will probably get left out because the only thing I have to reference from is my calendar and unfortunately I don't schedule fun events into my calendar so some of those things may get left out..which just means I will have a "I'm a slacking blogger....again part II that will come out about a year from now to wrap everything up--just kidding! That was a reference to Breaking Dawn, It won't really be that long, that's just mean)

So, here goes (these may not be in chronological order)

Summer time stuff:
-My friend from School (Alicia) came to visit and go to a Braves game, yup she drove all the way from Rock Hill to experience a Braves games for the first time, what a trooper! And I don't think she could have picked a more perfect game, well actually she could because the Braves lost, BUT we got to witness something pretty epic! During like the 7th inning (maybe) a guy wearing a wedding dress ran onto the field in the middle of the game. And you know the security guys were thinking "Yes, finally, some action!" Those security guys chased after the wedding dress guy, who actually didn't try to run from them at all and just stood still. But that didn't stop the security guys from defending their honor and tackling the willing and cooperative wedding dress guy to the ground, at which point the whole crowd starts chanting, "Let him go, let him go!" Which of course they didn't. Oh well. The funny thing was that before the game Alicia and I were at the chop house getting some food and she spotted the wedding dress guy and went into tourist mode and had to get a picture of him so she tried to be sneaky about getting a picture without him noticing, but then he figured it out and gave her a nice pose, what a guy!
--Another great thing about this is that now Ben has met 2-out-of the 9 people I go to school with so only 7 people can now say that he is made up:)
I am not sure if this is the guy (you never know, I am sure there has been more then one person to run onto the field at a Braves game wearing a wedding dress)

-Jessica's Bachelorette Party in New Orleans = Awesome! The most amazing part was that there were 17 of us all together and we managed to pretty much all stay together at night when we went out, which if you have ever been out on Bourbon Street at night you know how crazy it is! It was great to get to spend this girls weekend with Jessica about a month away from her wedding. Here is a picture from Saturday night when we had the lingerie party for Jessica.

The great Sims Garcia had a really good idea of talking with Jessica's man (Ashley) and finding out what his favorite desserts are and then having everyone plan their lingerie around his favorite desserts. For example, I chose a navy lingerie piece because Ashley likes Blueberry Cobbler:)
-Playing dress up with some of my favorite gents and gals was a lot of fun this summer. The boys (Ben and his roomies Ben Spears and Lake, and their good buddy Luke) prefer to call it "suiting up" because they put on suits and make up these scenarios about how they are business men and just scored some big deal and now they are out to celebrate (which Ben Spears was the only one who ever truly stayed in character), but I like to call is dress up. But anyways we would start off the night by having people over to the Timothy house (where Ben, Ben, and Lake live) and have a cookout and then we would all go out to East Andrews and have some fun. And one of my good friends Jen always joined the party and we had lots of fun. Here's a picture of us that I am obsessed with because it tells a story and documents the first experience Jen tried to pick me up or lift me up in her pictures, these attempts continued.

-The summer for me ended with a little trip to Auburn to celebrate the wedding of Josh and Jaclyn. John is a fraternity brother of Ben's and they have grown really close over the years. Ben was asked to be one of the groomsmen, and I know he was really honored by that and enjoyed the experience. Here is a picture of Josh and Jaclyn cutting the cake at their wedding
Their wedding was Auburn/Country themed. It was set out doors with this barn and old country style house they incorporated Auburn into every part of the wedding (true hardcore Auburn fans). It was great to be a part of the beginning of their (Josh and Jaclyn) lives together! P.s. I love this picture of Cary, Joey, and I = priceless


Back to School
-School started back towards the end of August and with it came CRAZY CHOAS. This semester is nearing its end and I can say that I have never owned the saying "fake it till you make it" like I have this semester. But more about that later. As soon as school started I got the opportunity to take a little trip to Mobile to see my good friend Jessica get married. I am so glad that I got the opportunity to experience the whole thing with her, and what I mean by that is I arrived on Thursday afternoon and pretty much didn't leave Jessica's side until she started getting ready on Saturday morning. She is such an amazing person and to get to spend those moments with her is something I will never forget:) Here is a picture from her wedding right after the ceremony
-Once school started I really  had very little time for fun events on the weekend, but I did get to visit Auburn a few times. I decided once I graduated from Auburn that I would AT LEAST go to one home Auburn game every year until the day I die, so I started off this promise to myself very well by going to the first home football game of the season with Ben (thanks Addison for the tickets). Here is a picture of Ben and I tailgating before the game.
Ben and I also came back for the Florida game to hang out and see everybody, but we didn't have tickets to the game, so we just spent all of our time at the TKE house hanging out and playing corn hole:) Here is a picture from Florida weekend.
I love how when Mark Rapp took this picture I went to Andrew's side and Cary went to Ben's side:)
I also got the opportunity to go to Athens last weekend for the Auburn/Georgia game, which was a reunion with some of my high school best friends Jen and Julie. We had a lot of fun just catching up and doing the crazy things that we do. The thing that sticks out to me about the weekend (minus the fact that the Auburn football team never got off the bus and a high school team played for them) the most is that Julie and I discovered that Jen has some serious game, she just walks into a room and boys just walk up to her and buy her a drink. She just really has this rockstar quality about her
I mean she was Pope High School's Best Dressed of the 06 class (obviously). Here is a picture of us before we went out on Friday night (which is either right before or right after Julie played the "shot" song from her phone and had at it:)
And here is another one of us from game day. I am trying to distract UGA by tickling him. Thanks for taking the picture Kevin (and for rescuing me pillow:)
Well I believe that is it, that's all I have been up to since the summer. This just continues to prove that I am a big nerd and grad school takes over my life (more on that later)!!!

over and out,
kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment